Friday, August 23, 2013

Apo Island in Dumaguete




Speaking of diving spots and marine habitats,  nothing can beat "Apo Island",  located at southeastern tip of Negros Island,  and 25 kilometers south of the  Dumaguete City.

From Mike's Dauin Beach Resort where I stayed, I headed to Apo Island (see pic below), approximately, 30 minutes trip getting there.  It so happened that the town was celebrating Fiesta every month of April, so my adventure was timely.




While we were sailing, I could already see the island from afar. Its beauty is beyond compare. As far as I know, Apo Island is one of the best diving spots in the Philippines. Apo Island boasts of its abundant marine habitats.  Many foreigners came to explore the awesomeness and hidden gems of this island.




Apo Island docking Area - we finally arrived safe in the Island.  I saw a village near the resort where people  bustled with activities . I had witnessed how people were welcoming and accommodating. No wonder, city is known for its friendliest people in the entire archipelago. 





What captivated my attention was the different rock formations around the resort. Bathing and swimming was not that enjoyable for me because the beach was pebbly, but my eyes were satisfied by its beauty.  What also distracted my attention was that, some young boys jumped off into the sea from a very tall rock.  See the pic  below.


Picture...Picture...Picture....



Getting to Dumaguete from Davao

Reaching Dumaguete from Davao is easy. I took a plane from Davao to Cebu, approximately 30-45 minutes trip,  then I took Ceres Line bus going to Dumaguete bus terminal. There are two options getting to Mike's Beach Resort in Dauin, it's either by tricycle or public bus.  The tricycle fare was terribly expensive, ranging from 200-300 pesos, depending on the agreement between you and the driver,  and far cheaper if bus transport. Mike's beach resort has its own boat to bring you to Apo Island, so you have nothing to worry if you stay in their hotel.


0 comments:

Post a Comment